March 8, 2018
Dear Sunset Parents,
At Sunset, safety is a priority! We understand that drop-off and pick-up are busy times at school, but we must remember safety first! We have designed a plan to insure greater student safety, but we need your help! If you can please remember these important guidelines during these busy times:
- If you choose to drop-off or pick-up your child by car, you must use the front of the building off of 8th Street.
IN THE MORNINGS:
- The lane closest to the building is for drop-off and pick-up ONLY! Cars may NOT stop in the center lane. That lane serves as a THROUGH lane in the mornings. Do not stop and drop kids off in that lane.
- If you want to walk your child into the building, please use a designated parking spot or the church parking lot – DO NOT PARK ON 8TH STREET!! Parking on the street impedes the flow of traffic!
- DO NOT drop kids off at the back of the school. The street between the buildings is for buses and daycare – ONLY!! Parent Drop-off is in the front of the school!
- If you have children in BOTH buildings then park at the ECC and walk them to their buildings OR pull around in the ECC Drop-off lane and let both students out to cross in the crosswalks!
- Our school buses are having a difficult time getting through because of parked cars on 9th street. This causes delays in the bus schedule!
- The Drop-off line starts on State Street! Please, DO NOT try to turn left off of 8th street into the drop-off line!
IN THE AFTERNOONS:
- The second line for PICK-UP may not begin until teachers come out and start dismissal. It must be left open in case of emergencies as a drive through lane!
- You must have a yellow tag in the car line, if not, you will be asked to park and verify identification.
- Please do not ask your child to meet you on neighborhood streets. This is unsafe, especially with the traffic on Fretz.
- The back parking lot is a teacher parking lot. It may not be used to pick up children.
- Again, the street between buildings is for buses and daycare – ONLY!! Please DO NOT drop-off or pick-up students on 9th street!