Metropolitan Library System’s
Summer Reading Program
What: The Metropolitan Library System has offered a Summer Reading program for over 80 years. In the beginning our focus was to encourage reading all summer long. Eighty years later, that mission has not changed. We believe reading is a fundamental skill and needed for success in life. Every year we provide goals for our customers and when they reach a goal, they earn incentives.
Who: All ages can participate. This summer reading program is for individuals, families and groups.
How: Participation is easy with our new Summer Reader software. You can participate anywhere, anytime. https://metrolibrary.beanstack.org/reader365
- Visit our Getting Started page to see our different age ranges.
- After looking at all of our different program levels, click on the orange Register button.
You will be directed to that programs specific landing page.
- Read 20 minutes every day in June and July.
- Log your time in our Summer Reader software.
- Visit the library to check out new books and to collect incentives you have earned.
When: Sign up starts NOW. Summer Reading begins on June 1st and ends July 31st, 2017.