From the Desk of Dr. McDaniel
Many of you have seen your children come home with CHAMP TAGS! We are giving out tags for achievement in many areas this year! Please read the note included in this folder or look online to see how your child can earn their CHAMP TAGS!
This month is full of LEARNING as we are in our final two weeks of the 1st Quarter! We are excited about EXPLORE day on Friday where we will spend the day exploring SCIENCE standards!
Please continue to practice the reading strategies you learned at Camp Read S’More! Study those sight words and read with your child daily! If your child is a reader, make sure they are reading at least 20 minutes each night! Next week is the Sunset Book Fair! What a great time to purchase books for your home library!!
Parent Teacher Conferences are this month! We want 100% participation, so sign up!
October 2016 Dates
- October 10th – 14th – Sunset Book Fair
- October 13th AND October 18th – Parent Teacher Conferences 4:30 – 8:00
- October 19th – 5th Grade Program @ 9:30
- October 19th – End of 1st Quarter
- October 20th – 24th – FALL BREAK (NO SCHOOL)
- October 25th – 28th – RED RIBBON WEEK
- October 27th – Report Cards are available online
- October 31st – Vocabulary Parade @ 2:00
WORD OF THE MONTH
“Friendship is not a big thing . . . It’s a million little things.”